Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wednesday

I had so much trouble getting out of bed this morning. By the time I got up, I knew that I could only do a portion of my normal workout, as I had to be at work in time for an early morning meeting. I headed up to the track for my walk/run. I felt really good on my first run lap, so I kept going. I wound up doing the first 3 of my run laps at 550m (so 1 1/4+ laps). I felt like I could go further, so I did. On the fourth, and final run lap, I went 600m (1 1/2 laps). I wish I had had more time and could have done more than 9 laps (normally do 13 - 14), I would have loved to see if I could have sustained at that 600m level. Running is just so invigorating and makes me feel so good.

Except, when it doesn't. I am not sure if it is not properly breaking in shoes or spending a lot of time on my feet recently, but the bottom of my one foot is sore. It's not sore when I sit here, but when I am busy and on the move, it is definitely tender. I worry too that it could be that I am favoring the right leg because I had tweaked my left ankle the other morning - which again doesn't really bother me only on steps and the first two or three strides of each run. Who knows? I think I might need to give my feet a rest over the weekend and see if I can eliminate it or resolve the cause and address it.

Eating was pretty good today. I failed to pack a lunch (nothing really sounded good in the morning). I went to lunch today and as I poured over the menu, once again, nothing really sounded good. I went with an old standby - vegetable quesadilla. Made with sauted peppers, onions and tomatoes, it is not the healthiest of options, but I suppose there were many other less healthy options.

I think it will be an early night.

#s to go: 23.8
Calories Consumed:
1315 calories
Calories Burned:
3.44 mile walk/run; 12:44 pace; 485 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment