Monday, August 29, 2011

Saturday, Sunday and Monday

I had a garage sale this weekend. As a result, I didn't fit in my workout on Saturday. Sunday morning though, I headed up to the track. I waited until the kids were up and had breakfast before I went, so it was closer to 7:30 by the time I headed out. I was alone until my friend showed up (didn't plan to meet) when I had just two laps to go. I enjoy the solitude of the walking/running and don't listen to music or anything when I do. I feel like it is a great time to be alone with my thoughts. I felt a little sluggish the first few laps, but it got a little easier with time. I'm not sure if it was because I missed Saturday or because I ate a little more than usual on Friday and Saturday, I just knew my legs felt heavy as I was trying to run. Monday morning was a good workout. I was able to push myself and ran a full 500 meters at a time. It may not sound like much to the more experienced runner, but it was just a few short weeks ago that I was lucky to be able to get 200 meters in. I alternated the 500 with 300 of walking. After completing my 13th lap, I did an all out run for 100 meters...why? just 'cause! At lunch today, the weather was so nice and the temperature so comfortable, we were able to do our near 3 mile walk. That is one good thing about spring and fall, we get a really good walk in at lunch. Summer is too hot and winter is hit or miss with snow and ice.

Eating has been hohum lately. I got off of track of really tracking last weekend and never really got back on board, until today. I made a point of getting everything written down. I haven't totaled it yet, and am not sure if there is "room" for a small snack. I will check soon, as I think I could use a little bit more before calling it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment