Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Middle of the week...

You may have guessed by my abbreviated post yesterday that it was a crazy morning and you would have been right. Things are crazy at work right now. I am glad that I have my workout time to help me decompress. I know that my morning workouts fuel me for the day and the evening ones allow me to recenter for the evening.

Yesterday was a good workout day and good eating day too (lots of yumminess). Morning was a toning class - we used the large workout balls that you sit on for the whole class, only we didn't sit on them, we moved them around over our head as we turned and lunged and bent. And we used them on the ground as we did squats and lifts squeezing our legs together to hold them in place. We did do some work while sitting on them, in the form of crunches. Last night I did week 3, day 3 of the Couch 2 5K workout. Plus, I added some additional distance - I wound up doing 3 miles and including warm up and cool down was at 39 minutes. Considering that much of the C25K is walking (more than half), it makes me feel good. Then, I came home and did my side plank for Day 9. I do hope that if nothing else, by the end, I can get to a point where when we do the planks in class, I am able to hold it the full time and add in the extra lifts and such that the instructor does.

So, I mentioned good food too. At lunch, I had a harvest wedge salad with a white balsamic dressing. There is something about apples, bacon and cheese together that is so good. With it, we had this vegetable and winter grain soup that was warm and satisfying on a rather cool day. Dinner was turkey roast, pierogie and green beans. Yum!

Today was spinning. I am a little stiff today and my arms, although not sore are very heavy feeling from yesterday's workout. Tonight is a another session of Bokwa and Day 10 of the 30 Day Challenge.

30 Day Plank, Ab and Squat Challenge
Day 10 - 35 second Plank, 10 sit ups, 10 crunches, 25 squats

I am not a diet or fitness expert. I am a mom, just trying to be healthy and fit. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment