Thursday, February 13, 2014

Is it almost Friday?

I hate to be one to wish away time, but I am so ready for the weekend to get here. My husband and I have a date night with friends this weekend, which should be a good time. We only have childcare until 9, so then we will come back and hang out together playing games or just visiting at one of our houses.

Yesterday was an okay day, I even splurged a little on snacks in the evening, eating to the high end of the range. Which brings me to a question...I use SparkPeoople, my husband uses My Fitness Pal...I get a range of daily calories, he gets a number. Is his number the high end of the range? I assume so, but I like that I have a bottom to my range...a point below which, I'm probably not getting enough and my body will misinterpret the signal and hold onto fat. To that end, as well, I find that by varying what I eat and varying regularly through the entirety of the range, that overall, I am more successful. So, if they only have one number, what do they do? I don't really have an answer, I do know that unlike me, my husband has been very successful in losing and keeping off weight. He is somewhere around 50# lost in the past year (started in early March I think)...he toggles around a few pounds, but is pretty steady. I'd be glad to be at half that and able to maintain. I'm on the journey again, which is really what matters.

For fitness yesterday, I started the day with spinning class...it was the first class where all of the bikes were in use. We have had all but one before, but not all bikes. Then in the evening, I went to a Bokwa class. I had tried it last summer when my instructor was first getting certified, but schedule hasn't made it possible for me to go regularly. I really like it and it was the activity that finally helped her get off the plateau and she has lost several inches and 25# since adding Bokwa to her offering. That is enough to sell me that it can work, especially as an addition to what I have already been doing.

Happy Thursday!
I am not a diet or fitness expert. I am a mom, just trying to be healthy and fit. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment