Thursday, January 19, 2012

Tuesday/Wednesday

I see that my definition of daily is still a little fuzzy! If you read my post on my main blog, you probably understand why I didn't get the Tuesday post done yesterday!

So, Tuesday...

It started out as a rough to get out of bed morning. I awoke to the pitter patter of raindrops outside. What is it about raindrops that makes me want to just curl up in bed and read a good book, or sit on the couch with a movie. I actually miss those days. Now that I have children, spending a rainy day being lazy just isn't an option. I guess though, that since it was a Tuesday and I work, it really wasn't an option anyway. So, I was slow to get up. I got a lot done when I did though, just no exercise. I am starting to think that I need to start my week with exercise, if I want a shot at exercising through out the week. Something about it motivates me.

I did really well with eating, I even had room in my daily Points for a cup of milk and small sugar cookie. It was a great way to cap the day. Breakfast was a banana and oatmeal, mid-morning snack was a clementine, lunch was the other DiGiorno pizza, a yogurt and a clementine, mid-afternoon snack was a clementine, dinner was a spinach salad with 'regular' (full fat) dressing and some sliced up cheese that I picked up at Earth Fare this weekend called Parrano which they describe as a blend of Parmesan and Gouda, evening snack was a cup of milk and a small sugar cookie. The best part was that I really didn't feel hungry during the day.

Wednesday
The scale is finally starting to react and move in the right direction. Although I am only actually recording my weight once a week, I still can't stop myself from checking in periodically to keep tabs on how things are going. I find it motivating. When things are working and I am having success (even .2#), I find myself more inclined to keep on going and more likely to resist temptation.

I did only okay with eating on Wednesday. I forgot that I had a lunch meeting. I also didn't know it but I was out of oatmeal at work - by the time I realized I was out, I had a meeting and then only an hour until lunch. So, breakfast was just a banana. Mid-morning I had a clementine. Lunch was a taco bar, that I chose to consume in the form of a salad - I tried to make it heavy on lettuce and tomato (and got mocked about it) with a bit of chicken and salsa, but couldn't stop myself from adding a little cheese and sour cream. I also had no will power against the angel food cake and whipped cream. It certainly didn't help that I was HUNGRY when I got to lunch. I made myself a note so that I would bring in more oatmeal and avoid being hungry at lunch time. Dinner was Crunchy Onion Chicken and a baked potato. Even though I was dipping into weekly points, I still capped with a cup of milk and a sugar cookie.

The other thing working against me was the fact that I couldn't get the Weight Watchers Mobile App to work on my phone yesterday. It was stuck in this vicious update cycle. I wouldn't have expected it, but after just a few short days on Weight Watchers, I really have become dependent on this app to help me track where I am at and avoid temptation. If I had known how many points my lunch turned out to be, I might have had more resistance to the angel food or taken a smaller piece.

Oh well, what's done is done, and Thursday is a new day.


No compensation was received for this post. I was provided with a trial subscription to Weight Watchers. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment