Monday, January 2, 2012

Monday

Well, it's a start of a new year and not to be cliche, but I am starting anew on my focus of healthy eating and being active.

Today, my activity focus was on cleaning and laundry. I vacuumed, I mopped, I made several trips up and down the stairs with laundry basket in hand. I also had the opportunity to shovel the driveway. It wasn't a "real" workout, but there is no doubt that all of those activities are indeed activities. Tomorrow, I hope to try out my new Zumba game for the Wii. I've never done Zumba, so it could be a rather entertaining session (not that anyone will be awake at that hour to observe - thankfully).

I also refocused on my eating today. I allowed myself to relax on monitoring my eating over the holidays and enjoyed more than normal quantities of wine and champagne. And, no surprise, the results were less than good, I had a small weight gain over the holidays.

I know that resuming routine activity and focusing on healthy eating will allow me to get back on track on my weight loss and healthy living journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment