Monday, July 2, 2012

Monday

Well, Saturday on the run and a friend's engagement party had me well over consumed for the day. So, no activity and eating beyond my calorie target, quickly negated the fact that I had exceeded the 10# mark. I was a little disappointed with myself. I did really well, for the most part. I shouldn't have had the extra piece of pizza at lunch - I had packed a lunch that I knew fit into my calorie target, but after eating it, I foolishly accepted a piece of pizza. It was tasty, but I had already eaten lunch. Then, at my friends party, I stayed with the fresh cut veggies for the most part, but at one point I dipped them in the cheese dip and they had that veggie pizza made on a crescent roll with cream cheese. I couldn't resist.

Sunday was a little bit better. I didn't start my day with activity. I ate reasonably well, having a light lunch in anticipation of making homemade pizza for dinner. I even splurged on some Sierra Mist - why I ask myself. I was able to stay on target for the day. In the evening, I did Day 1 of the 30 Day Ab Challenge. The exercises were hard, I wasn't able to complete the number of reps that they wanted us to, but gave it my all. I did do 1000 jumps, sans jump rope. I had to break it up into 100 - 150 jumps at a time, but I did it. I can't wait to see what Day 2 has in store for me.

Today, I got up late and decided that I might just walk today. Well, when I got to the track, I was alone. I don't know what that has to do with anything, it is more so a statement of fact, I suppose. Anyway, after the first lap, I decided that I should probably make the most of the time that I have at the track and run some. After the first lap, I felt like I had to push myself to complete the second run lap. Next thing I knew, I was negotiating with myself to finish the fifth run lap. I ran 1 1/4 miles straight! So, I was at the track for 6+ laps and ran 5+ of them. Woo Hoo! It felt awesome. Of course, knowing that once the lap was done, I would head home made it easier to convince myself. I hope I can repeat it when I know that I will be walking a lap and then returning to running.

No comments:

Post a Comment