Monday, July 16, 2012

A couple of days off, but right back in the groove

So, Saturday, I planned to take the day off. I decided that since I had a busy day, that I would allow myself a little extra sleep and didn't want to try to squeeze in a run and find myself running late to start the day. As promised, it was a busy day. We had lunch out, I went with the Chicken Fajita, hold the rice, the beans and the tortillas. It was pretty tasty. The place that we went doesn't seem to use much oil, as the chicken and vegetables were 'dry' - not to say they were overdone, but there wasn't that oily mess that you sometimes see on fajitas. Dinner was a bit of leftovers - I was sort of glad that no one really wanted much for dinner, as I was worn out from the day. I did manage to fit in my 30 day Ab Challenge workout, but learned that I am weak. I was barely able to do either of the ab exercises. I hope to do better at them next time I try them.

Sunday morning, I woke up with a headache. I got up got the kids breakfast and went back to bed. I had bouts of nausea, but when I got up, I felt much better. I guess my body decided that it needed another day off. Sunday for dinner we had Marlin on the grill. This is one of my favorites. We had originally planned to have Chicken Caesar salads but they were doing a recipe demo with Marlin, which meant that they had this not always available fish in. I couldn't resist. It did not disappoint. We still had salad on the side, as well as a little bit of rice. A late evening caused me to miss my Abs, I will make them up today. I think that today will be a recovery day, so I will just have bumped the days.

Monday morning I got up and my hamstrings were tight. I guess because I didn't do any running, I didn't do any stretching over the weekend and this must have led to them getting tight. I just wasn't sure that I was going to get far at the track. I headed up anyway and figured that even if I do a full alternating workout, that anything is better than nothing. After I completed my first lap, my legs were feeling better, so I decided I would try for a 1-2 pattern. Next thing I knew, I had completed 4, then 6 and I decided I would go for 8. When I got to 8, I thought, why not try for 9, just to show myself I could do it. I did! Yeah! It felt awesome. My legs felt much better after the workout than they did before. I stretched when I came home, but I think that I will stretch again after my shower. I don't want them getting tight on me.

The scale was down nicely on Saturday, now on Sunday and today it was up about a 1# from that low - so maybe it was a false low, but now I have a goal to get back to it. That should keep me moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment