Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wednesday

It occurred to me yesterday morning that I never actually posted about my run on Tuesday morning. I did run, I did an alternating 1-2-1-2-1 approach to the outing. Again, I had done over 2 miles the day before, so I wanted a bit of a break.

Eating was a challenge for me on Tuesday. I had a catered lunch meeting at work and then traveled for work, having a team dinner out. At lunch, we had tacos. I knew I could just make a salad, but the tacos looked so good, so I compromised with both a taco and some salad. Dinner, well I had seared scallops (awesome!) and a bit of pasta. Unfortunately, it took forever to come and i wound up having some bread and two glasses of wine. Both were very tasty, but had me finishing my day about 300 calories over target.

With traveling, I wasn't able to do my Ab Challenge for Day 17 - working out on a hotel room floor gives me the heeby-jeebies. I did the Day 15 moves, cause I could do those on the bed. So, I will see whether I try to do Day 17 after Day 18 tonight or how I fit those in.

I was very proud of myself for running this morning. I'm not a big fan of treadmills and started out with a plan to walk, but found myself wanting to run. The stop string on the treadmill was very sensitive and stopped my workout several times. The first time was about 12 minutes into my workout and I managed to reset the treadmill. So, I restarted and did 30 minutes, plus a 5 minute cool down. I wasn't expecting the 5 minute cool down and had already cooled down the last few minutes. Either way, I got my 2 miles plus of running in.

I needed it too! Once again, traveling left me less in control of my eating. I made wise decisions, but even at that, it was more calories than I normally would have at the respective meals.

I am home now, so tomorrow will be back to normal for workout and eating (I hope).

No comments:

Post a Comment