Monday, July 9, 2012

Monday

Why do we run around the track counter-clockwise? I can tell you that after months of doing that, running clockwise feels very strange. It's like being on a new track - I noticed things that I had never seen before, and I struggled to motivate myself based on track markings. When I walk/run in the neighborhood, I make a concerted effort to balance the number of cul-de-sacs that I turn to the left and to the right, but at the track, it is always the same and I worried that I was doing my body a disservice by always stressing the same joints as I rounded curves.

I got a late start this morning, as I had to fold a load of laundry to find my exercise clothes. I had intended to do it last night, but headed off to bed because I wasn't feeling well. I am proud to say that I was able to complete a 1 1/4 mile run while I was there. That simply was all the time that I had, or I think I could have run further. It was so refreshing to have the temperatures be under 60 this morning, although still very humid, it sure beat the mid-70s that I had been running in. I felt really good after the run.

Eating was good yesterday. I was at the lower end of my target for calories and at or just below the target for Protein, Carbs and Fat. I was planning to have a small snack, but when I started not feeling well, I headed to bed without a snack. I was worried that I would be hungry when I woke up, but I was not.

Yesterday's 30 Day Ab Challenge was a recovery day, so that was a nice break. I will of course, do Day 9 tonight. Also, tonight I am planning to go to Zumba with my friend. I can't wait to exercise with someone and to get in a bonus workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment