Monday, July 23, 2012

Monday

I let myself do it again! I checked the weather before bed and there was a 40% chance of rain starting around 3 or 4. I internalized this and when it came time to get up this morning, I kept hitting snooze. I knew that I wanted to get up and run because I think that I am skipping Zumba today. My friend is out of town and things have been so busy lately that I feel like I have a lot to catch up on at home and while I love the class, something has to give - we have plans every night this week (at least someone does). By the time I got up, it was already 6 am, I was already behind schedule. Then, I had to get dressed and get some water to drink. By the time I laced up my shoes, it was already almost quarter after. I decided that although I only had 15 minutes, that I would allow myself to stretch it so that I could fit in a full mile. I knew that if I wanted to do this and not be late that I would need to skip my warm up lap at the track. I decided that the 1/2 mile plus walk to the track was a sufficient warm up. So, today, for the first time ever, I ran every lap at the track. It was only a mile, but it was still something I had not ever done before. I have always walked a warm up lap and frequently a cool down lap, but not today.

It felt good and I am glad that I got the mile in. There is something so energizing about starting your day with a good run (or other workout). I just feel more awake, more alert, ready to think through things and tackle even the most challenging of problems. I'm also in a better mood.

I missed last night's 30 Day Ab Challenge workout. We got home late and I didn't have it in me. I will try to do two tonight, I guess or I could just be a day behind.

Eating was a challenge for me yesterday. Since we were out, we picked up pizza for lunch. Then, another birthday party - I was pretty good there, only a bite of cake and a popsicle. Then, dinner and Bible study. At Bible study, one woman brought a spinach artichoke dip that was garlicy and addictive. Another, rice krispie treats. Yum - one of my weaknesses, there is just something about that marshmallow goodness.

Hoping for a better eating day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment