Thursday, July 12, 2012

Going the Distance

This morning, I finally got up to the track at a reasonable hour. I wasn't sure if I would get to 6 laps like I had the other day, but I figured that since time was not as much of a constraint like the past couple of days, I would like to at least try. Well, I wound up running 9 laps - in a row! I couldn't believe it, 2.25 miles of consecutive running. It felt awesome. When I was done, I walked a slow lap and wandered home.

I loved last night's Ab Challenge workout. Finally, it was a workout, that although tough, I could do. I didn't do the advanced versions, but I successfully did the beginner version and did the reps that she recommended. I even did the metabolic move - the prior night I skipped because my toe was bothering me.

Eating was pretty okay yesterday. I had chips at dinner, but stuck with just a serving. I even splurged on a glass of wine and stayed within my target.

I am not sure that I will/should run that far tomorrow. I will see what tomorrow brings, but I am just happy to say that I am over 2/3 of the way to being able to run a consecutive 5K.

No comments:

Post a Comment