Friday, June 1, 2012

Rain, Rain...Go away

Well, it is a rainy day this morning, so no walk/run for me. Perhaps it is good to give my body a break, I just hope I can jump back in tomorrow. I know that my plan was to use days like this to do some strength training. Well, a few days back I slept funny (yeah, yeah - laughed all night) and woke up with a sore neck. I have been trying to baby it all week (after my walk/run of course). Finally, it seems to be feeling a little better, but when I woke up this morning, I evidently was so careful of how I slept to allow the least stress on my existing strain, that I cause a different one in my neck. I figured it probably was best if I not try to lift weights. I'd rather not cause some serious damage. If it clears up a little later, a quick lunch time walk will be my activity for the day.

Yesterday was a good day of eating. No eating out was a major plus!

I have found a new lunch time addiction. I have been getting a Wheat Deli Thin with Goat Cheese, toasted, and topping it with banana peppers, spinach, cucumber and tomato. Packed with flavor and only about 200 calories. I usually have this with some grapes and apples on the side. Fresh vegetables on a sandwich have long been a favorite of mine. When I got to Subway, I almost always get the veggies and cheese sandwich and overstuff it with all of the vegetables. I will have to balance it so as not to get burnt out on having the same lunch every day.

I actually finished my day right at the lower end of the daily target. And, finally, the scale responded. I was glad to have a day where I felt satisfied and the scale responded. Now, to make sure that more of my days are like yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment