Friday, February 10, 2012

the weekend, or why I have disappeared....

Why is it that once I finally start to get into some good eating habits, one hundred things fall into the same weekend and not only do I splurge, I go overboard.

Friday night was my son's school carnival. I wasn't excited by the carnival food choices, so I went with a Super Pretzel. Not the worse thing for me, but certainly not satisfying. This of course left me hungry, so I nibbled at the nachos and had a taste of the kids' cotton candy. When we came home, after a very full, very exhausting weekend, I needed to unwind. I had some (4 weeks!) coupons to clip, so I poured a glass of wine and sat down to clip. Not the worse day, I used 34 Points and left myself with only 9 Weekly Points to finish the weekend.

Saturday we spent with my parents. In the complete lack of healthy food pursuit, I started my day with a cream stick. This clocks in at 9 Points. Ouch! Of course, I didn't look it up until later. If I had done like I intend and check before I eat, I probably would have gone after a bowl of cereal instead. Lunch was more reasonable, although still quite a bit of Points. I had a deli meat sandwich with sliced bell peppers and a little bit of chips and dip. So much more volume and only 14 Points. So, here I was after lunch, with only 3 Daily Points and 9 Weekly Points remaining. What did we do that evening, go out for dinner! We went to the Japanese Steak House. I had to make a few guesses on portion size and by my calculations, dinner came to about 18 Points. Finishing the evening with a glass of wine, made me -11 Points for the week! Not a great way to end a week, especially when there was a likelihood that Sunday would be no better.

Sunday was no better. I started my day with cereal and milk and a banana. A much more reasonable 8 Point start to my day. Not only was it one less Point, it was way more filling. Lunch was out with friends. I evidently was not worrying about what I ate, as I chose the Country Fried Steak with Gravy which was a whopping 17 Points!!!! I added two eggs and shared an oatmeal with my son. I wound up having the whole days Points just at lunch - 29 Points. I guess I need to reconsider how I order when I eat out. Then, of course was the Super Bowl. We made Buffalo Chicken Rolls, which actually aren't too bad, but still 2 amounted to 6 Points. Then, we had some nibbles out for the game. Goldfish, Brownie Bites, Fudge and carrots. I had a couple pieces of Fudge and a few picks here and there of the Goldfish. Add to that a glass of red wine that was probably more like 1 1/2 servings.

Needless to say, by the end of the first day, I was already 3/4 of the way through my weekly Points, having consumed about 58 Points for the day. Ouch!

So, whereas I have been doing some tracking, I haven't been that good at it - I figure that I am going to be over this week's Points too and so Sunday killed my motivation. The good news is that I am 'recovering' from the crazy weekend and the scale is moving in the right direction. I need to just hop back into it and not worry so much about what happened on Sunday, but I am finding that easier said than done.


No compensation was received for this post. I was provided with a trial subscription to Weight Watchers. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment