Friday, February 3, 2012

Wednesday and Thursday

I'm starting to notice a pattern of 'group' posting my 'daily' log. Ahhh! Such is life. The reality is that if I had all the time in the world, then I don't think I would have to worry so much about managing my weight and being more active. Let's take running for example - if I didn't have to get to bed at a reasonable hour, I could run inside in the evenings. But, I know that if I run at 8 pm, I'm probably not going to be able to fall asleep at 10 pm. Exercise just energizes me too much. So, I have to stick with the mornings, which means outside. It's still a little too dark and too cold for that. I thought I might get outside on Wednesday morning, but there was that little pitter-patter of rain drops that kept me from choosing that activity.

Wednesday - Wednesday was a good day for me. I started the day with breakfast at my son's school. I had one pancake and one piece of bacon. That was 4 Points. Then, mid-morning I snacked on a banana. Lunch was a frozen meal, a steak and ranch grilled flatbread - it wasn't bad, but it wasn't as flavorful as I expected. I will skip that flavor next time. The thing that rings clear to me now that I am really watching is that if something doesn't deliver, I don't want to 'spend' the Points on it. I think of the other things that I could have had with those 8 Points and I'm even more disappointed in the product. I rounded out lunch with a yogurt and some clementines. Dinner was cube steak and rice - now that was flavorful! It has been a while since I made cube steaks and they just really hit the spot. Totally reminds me of childhood. I snuck in a snack of Pretzel M&Ms, finishing my day using up just 1 Weekly Point.

Thursday - What a crazy day (do I say that a lot - I feel it a lot)! I was out of bananas and even though I brought along a clementine, I wound up eating nothing in the morning other than my coffee (which I didn't 'eat' really). I simply ran out of time to make the oatmeal and without the fruit sitting on my desk, I just never thought to grab it. I was very hungry at lunch and that was evidenced in the 12 Point lunch I had - a taco salad with flank steak, built on a bed of tortilla chips with a side of sour cream and a cookie to finish it off. I had a work happy hour, I had one glass of wine, one egg roll, one cocktail shrimp and several pieces of fresh pineapple (a favorite treat). It was an 8 Point affair. Dinner was a mess. I forgot to take out the chicken and so, even though my husband took it out around 4:30, it was still pretty much frozen solid when I started to cook. I figured a few extra minutes would be enough, but it wasn't. I kept pulling it out and putting it back in, so we ate in stages. We started with salads and then had rice and the kids had yogurt. Then we sat and waited, after the third time of '5 more minutes' I finally just zapped a couple of pieces so that we could eat. We tried the new Fresh Take product from Kraft. It was tasty. The topping amounted to 3 Points per serving, so my dinner came to 9 Points. So, for the day, I wound up using 4 Weekly Points. The good news is that I still have 17 Weekly Points going into Friday. So much better than last week. My hope is that I don't need to use all of those and will have a good week on the scale.


No compensation was received for this post. I was provided with a trial subscription to Weight Watchers. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment