Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Wednesday

Today was the first day of school for my kids. Not all of the schools in town are back in session, but ours went back today.

In spite of, or maybe because of, I was actually up early today. I wanted to head to the track before getting them up and ready for school. Unfortunately, the sun rise wasn't cooperative and I still only had a short amount of time to actually work out. I decided today that I would run when I got to the track. I wound up completing the same amount of distance today (1 mile run at the track) and I did it in 7 minutes less! I guess that is the difference between 11:26 pace and 14:40 pace. I wonder if I just ran, what my actual average pace would be? Of the 2.1 miles, I actually walk for about .8 miles, so I think that if I just ran, it would be better. I rely on the .55 miles walk to start to be my warm up and need a little cool down as I leave the track.

Eating has been less of a challenge now that I am back into a more routine schedule. The biggest challenge is that we have so many sports activities over the coming weeks. It makes our dinner time shift back and forth - some nights very early, other nights very late.

The scale continues to progress towards where I need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment