Monday, August 20, 2012

Back in the Groove

That cold last week really zapped me. I couldn't convince myself that getting up and running (or even walking) was a great idea. I knew that if I exerted myself I would start to cough and I just didn't want that. Of course, to counteract the cold, I was trying to hydrate and stock up on Vitamin C. That left me consuming lots more juice than I normally do over the course of the week, as well as more honey than normal too. Couple that with some quarterly meetings at work that found me eating catered breakfasts, lunches and dinners; a fun day out with my son that included breakfast and lunch out and milkshakes; a kid birthday party; and dinner and a movie with friends, and my weight loss journey was doomed from the start.

No exercise + increased beverage calories + increased eating calories = big challenge!

Thankfully, although up slightly, it was all in all not horrible. I was only up a little bit and I was really worried that it could be more.

Do you ever have those days where you just know that you just ate bad and you allow one more snack/treat because what's the harm now? I do that sometimes and then, like today, the scale actually gives a lower than expected result and I think to myself, if only I hadn't had the one last treat, maybe it could have been even a bit lower. I think I need to learn that if I am exceeding target for calories, that it is better to call it a draw than to pile it on.

Oh well! This week is hopefully a more normal week. I am feeling better. I headed up to the track and fit in a 1 1/2 mile visit - ran for a mile, just not consecutively. It was a challenge to run after over a week off. I am back on track with measuring and tracking. I fully intend to recover the gain and then some before the week is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment