Friday, August 3, 2012

Finally Friday!

Okay, the other day I questioned why it seems that time goes by so fast and today I am cheering about the fact that it is Friday. Yes, I guess when it comes to time I am a 'have my cake and eat it too' kind of girl. There never seems to be enough time, especially enough weekend time - time to be at home, time to be with the kids, time to relax.

I skipped my run on Thursday morning - it had been a late night on Wednesday and I had an early morning meeting. I was a little bit bummed to miss it, but there wasn't much that I could do about it. Eating was okay on Thursday, except we ate out for lunch. I tried to manage my food, but it was Mexican and my friend ordered queso.

I got up on time this morning and headed out for my run. I decided that I would go with a goal of 6 laps or 1 1/2 miles of running. I got up there and walked the first lap, I needed some momentum I guess. I started running and by about lap two was fully convinced that I would never complete this goal. But, I kept on pushing and pushing. As I would finish one lap, I would think I can do at least one more lap. Before long, I found myself finishing my 9th lap of running. It felt good to run the distance. I have been enjoying the sprints, but they aren't helping me with endurance, which is another goal that I have.

I never did get back to the 30 Day Ab Challenge. This month, she is doing a Clean Eating Challenge, which I am not sure will work for me. I am thinking that next week, I will simply restart the Ab Challenge and hopefully, be able to finish it.

It is a busy weekend with company, weddings, and more..hopefully, I can at least try to stay within target and try to get in a little extra activity. The scale is still hovering and I am convinced that one of these days it will simply drop again. The plateau will be overcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment