Saturday, January 19, 2013

Move it! Move it!

I went to a Zumba class that I don't normally attend. My intent had been to see how my less than enthusiastic instructor did when there were a number of participants in the class. Of course, as luck had it, she wasn't here today, so I joined in the class with the substitute instructor. She had us moving. There was a lot of squats and lunges and jumps and hops and turns. It was a great class. If she were my regular instructor, I have no doubt that I would be burning off calories a lot faster. It really was more like aerobics or toning than Zumba - there were little of what I have done from a 'dance step' perspective in either of my other Zumba classes. I think more than anything, the extreme difference in what Zumba is depending on instructor really struck me.

Friday morning was a great spinning class. I am still fighting this cold, but I likened the sweat and the pumping of blood through my body to how your body normally fights a bug with a bit of a fever. I struggled with some of the workout, the cold is leaving me feeling a little light on energy, but I was glad that I went.

Eating has been good.

The scale is FINALLY responding in a way that I was hoping.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment