Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Boot Camp - Day 5

Another great class. I am completely certain that I will feel this morning's workout in my legs and my core. She did the workout circuit style again. We warmed up by doing exercises across the room - walking lunges, run backwards, run forward, walking lunges, grapevines, grapevines, high knee skip, walking lunges, stationary jumping jacks, walking lunges. (I think that was the extent) Then, we moved into the circuits - 1 minute for each exercise. First, we used balance balls and did push ups and then rolled the ball in with our legs (abs). Second was power lunges - we would get down in a runner's lunge and then jump up raising our back leg as a high knee and then back down - second minute was the other leg. Next, we did kettle bells. In round one we did gunslinger and did each arm for one minute. The second round we did boxing and did each arm for one minute. Then, we did cross jack squats and push up jacks. The next station was the step - we did power steps forward and then across. The last station was abs. We took turns, each doing a minute, of lying on the floor and the other person throwing our legs forward, right, forward, left and so on. We did the circuit twice and then moved on to push ups and planks. We did 15 push ups, followed by 30 s per side, leg lift side plank. Next we did plank and then did this side plank push up thing (that I completely failed at). Then we did a back plank for one minute. As you can see, it was awesome! Next week there is no class due to spring break for our teacher. So, maybe I will try to do some of these exercises at home with my equipment.

I am still trying to recover on the scale from this weekend. It is kind of crazy to think how much impact one night of snacking and wine can make on your weight and how it doesn't just 'drop' the next day. You would think that a return to normal routine would bring you back quickly...but at least for me, it doesn't. I finally have most of the snacks out of the house, so at least they won't tempt me any more.

I am not a diet or fitness expert. I am a mom, just trying to be healthy and fit. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment