Thursday, April 18, 2013

Stuck!

So, for several weeks now, my husband and our friend have been engaged in a weight loss challenge. My husband is doing great. He is really dedicated to the effort and is really seeing the benefit of his focus. I unfortunately, in that same window have managed to stay completely flat - okay, not entirely true, there have been elements of up and elements of down, but mostly just oscillating around where I am. It has been completely frustrating to me.

I am eating well - I am even more focused on healthy meals now because I want to set my husband up for success. I am exercising regularly with 3-4 mornings of cardio and 2 mornings of toning/bootcamp focus each week.

When we have a weekend event or some travel for work and eat a little more than normal, I seem to put on a pound or two that won't come off for a week or two and by then, I have arrived at the next event. The challenge for me is that is very frustrating. I feel like even if I don't eat right all the time, I have the same result of watching most of the time and relaxing my vigilance on occasion. It's not supposed to work that way...there are even diets out there that suggest that if you focus 6 days a week and 'eat what you want' on the 7th day that you will still be successful. So, why doesn't it work for me?

I think that if I weren't being physically active on a routine basis, I might find it less frustrating. But, I know that I am burning calories during cardio and that I am building muscle with the toning/bootcamp - the combination should make it that much easier for me to weather the peaks and valleys of my calorie intake, but it seems to do nothing.

One of my coworkers has decided that we should walk at lunch. It used to work real well for me, so I am going to start that up again with her. I know that it is a good thing for me emotionally at the very least, a way to take a mental and physical break mid-day that leaves me less stressed and more focused...a better employee.

I am signed up for next session's classes at the YMCA. This time there is an official class on Thursday and toning that day won't just be on me.

I am planning to have a friend meet me at soccer practices, so that I can walk around the park where practice is and use my time at the park in a productive way.

Something has to give. I have a goal in mind and if I am going to lose 25 pounds before I turn 40, I need to start now.

I am not a diet or fitness expert. I am a mom, just trying to be healthy and fit. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment