Sunday, March 24, 2013

Catching Up!

I guess I must be busy...it has been almost two weeks since I updated.

Things have been going well. The scale was finally responsive...of course, we had a game night last night and now I need to "recover" from the snacks everyone brought to share and the couple of glasses of wine that I enjoyed.

Boot Camp Day 4 was a great class. We used balance balls for the class and she alternated between 1 minute of cardio and 2 minutes of strength. The after effect of the class was mostly felt in the triceps and upper abs.

I was worried about missing some classes in the coming weeks due to travel, but turns out that the instructor is going to miss a couple of them and is moving those classes to the 'break' week - makes me feel better that I won't completely miss out. Now, I only have one class that I expect to miss and have to find my own make-up class.

The Zumba class that I take not at the Y is adding a resistance training class in April that a friend and I are planning adding to our rotation. I really think that the more I focus on both cardio and toning, the overall better my results are. I think that is part of why the scale was slow to respond in the beginning of the year when my workout was more cardio based.

I am not a diet or fitness expert. I am a mom, just trying to be healthy and fit. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment