Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Boot Camp - Day 3

I must admit - I am absolutely loving my Boot Camp class. It probably is a good thing that is only once a week - it took me until Saturday to recover last week. Today's class was no exception.

We started with a 1/2 mile warm-up run. It became clear to me from the beginning, I am not in good running shape compared to my classmates. The 1/2 mile is 4 laps at the track and although we started in a group, most of them finished about 1/4 lap ahead of me. Not awful, but not great. Then we headed back to the workout room for our workout. We did lengths of the room in assorted fashion - walking lunges with a back kick, duck walk, frog hop, hopping on one foot, shuttle run, and I'm sure something else was mixed in there. In between lengths, while the other half did the same thing, we alternated between squats, lunges of assorted styles, cross over jacks, resting and some regular jacks. We did this circuit of fun twice. Then, we went to wall squats - both regular and one leg. After that we grabbed mats and bands to work on the rest of the body. We did some back exercises, some shoulder exercises, biceps, and triceps. We took to the mats and did superman, v-sits and bicycles. Then we stretched. I can already feel it. In fact, when I arrived at work this morning I could feel the 'tired' in my leg muscles. Now, the soreness is creeping in. I can only imagine what tomorrow morning will be like. I might have to take the elevator to get to spinning class!

Eating has been really good. I think that my husband watching what he is eating is making it easier. I am trying to make sure that we have meals that he enjoys, so that he realizes that eating healthy doesn't mean not eating what you enjoy. I think I might be convincing him that it is about choices. The 'healthy' pasta is 40 calories less per serving than the standard pasta. Having french bread pizzas is lower in calories than a regular pizza (and both are better than take out - in calories and taste too if you ask me!). We have had more salads in the recent weeks than we have in a long time. I have been buying cucumbers, cauliflower and the like to chop up for the salads. The kids are really enjoying it and frequently have a second serving of salad.

I'm certain the scale will respond any day!

I am not a diet or fitness expert. I am a mom, just trying to be healthy and fit. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment