Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I'm Still Here

I just haven't been active and so, I haven't felt the need to post.

It all started two weeks ago when we went on vacation. Really, it is very hard to believe that two short weeks ago I was on vacation. I acted ambitious and packed work out clothes and shoes, I had good intentions. Then, we were there and we were setting the alarm for 7 am every morning and not getting to bed until close to midnight most nights. I simply didn't have a window of opportunity to run. I would have had to get up at 6 and I'm just not sure that 6 hours of sleep would have worked for me - actually, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have. I didn't feel too bad about it though, because we were in constant motion. Unfortunately, we ate very well too! I came back from vacation up about 5# from where I had left.

So, I get home and I have a cold. So unfair! I want to be active and to work out, but sitting in a chair is enough activity to cause a coughing fit, so the thought of running or doing some sort of aerobic exercise just makes me cringe. Plus, my nose is congested, so that wouldn't help at all - I would be breathing through my mouth, making the need to cough increase.

The good news is that I have been trying to be more focused on my eating. I have lost about 3# since we got back, which considering that I have been inactive is a good thing. I am confident that when I feel better and can start to exercise that I will be able to get right back on track...I just having lost this time because of a cold.

And now, the bottom of my foot hurts. My right heel to be exact. I can't figure out when it started to hurt but by last night it was so sore that walking on it is killing me. I'm going to avoid the shoes that I wore this weekend, the shoes I wore yesterday and my slippers for a few days and see if I can get this to feel better. Once I do, I might have to cycle them back in one at at time to see if it is a shoe/slipper issue or just something. Of course, if it doesn't feel better soon, I might have to go to the doctor and make sure that it isn't something else.

So, if I am quiet for a few days at a time, don't worry, I am still here and I haven't lost motivation, I just haven't been active - I have no achievements to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment